Botox is an injectable muscle relaxant that stops contractions in defined areas and deals with specific cosmetic or medical issues. Its main active ingredient is botulinum toxin type A, which is able to paralyze the muscle temporarily; even though it's derived from the dangerous clostridium botulinum bacteria, the concentration of it is so insignificant it's not really possible to hurt a person.
People talk about Botox treatments as an effective option for skin aging prevention and wrinkles reduction; however, today's article is dedicated to a surprising purpose of this product - jaw muscle relaxation.
What is it, and exactly can botulinum toxin be helpful for this purpose? Is it long-lasting? This, and even more, is mentioned below!
Also read: GHOST BLINKING: WHAT IS IT AND HOW TO DO IT
What are masseter Botox injections?
The masseter is one of the muscles that help people chew; it's located on the side of the face and connects the lower jawbone to the cheekbone. The main purpose of the procedure is to temporarily block signals in the masseter nerve and make it impossible for it to move.
The procedure usually doesn't take a lot of time (not more than 40 minutes). Before the treatment, the area is carefully cleaned, and a topical anesthetic is applied to eliminate discomfort and make the injection as painless s possible. The solution is administered with the help of an ultra-thin needle, and the number of syringes depends on the primary goal of the procedure.
To buy Botox wholesale in the USA at Fillersupplies, you need to be a board-certified medical professional with a valid license. Only in this way, this action would be considered legal, and you will be allowed to use the product in a clinic.
Also read: HOW TO REMOVE MICROBLADING EYEBROWS AT HOME
The primary purpose of this injection type
Botox injections for the jawline can be used for different treatment goals, but we think it will be helpful to highlight the main ones for a better understanding of the procedure as it is. Here they are:
- Eliminating teeth grinding;
- Reducing jaw clenching, pain, and tension;
- Headache relief;
- Square jaw contouring;
- Facial asymmetry correction.
Some patients also reported slight wrinkles correction after the injection session, but that's a normal effect of botulinum toxins administration.
How long should I wait to see jaw Botox results?
Due to the nature of botulinum toxin (which is the primary active substance in Botox), some time may be required to see the results after the injection session. The solution needs time to get to the nerve endings of facial muscles and stop their contractions, so patients need to be patient and let the product do its job.
When administered into the masseter muscle, Botox needs up to several weeks to demonstrate the maximum effect; overall, different amount is required based on the primary purpose injection session:
- Jaw slimming and contouring. If the solution is used for cosmetic purposes, patients may expect gradual improvement: a week to see how botulinum toxin starts working, from two to four weeks to see full slimming results. Specialists recommend having an additional treatment session after four to six months of initial treatment to maintain the effectiveness of Botox and not let it wear off fully;
- For temporomandibular joint disorder and bruxism. Masseter injection is incredibly helpful for patients with TMJ disorder and teeth-grinding problems. Immediate minor improvements can be expected within three days after the procedure; in order to reach maximum effectiveness, people should wait for up to three weeks.
The overall durability of the procedure's results
If the Botox treatment was performed correctly, its effectiveness might reach up to five-six months. Of course, this factor depends significantly on some other aspects, such as the patient's body peculiarities, age, the severity of the health condition, the concentration of botulinum toxin solution, and numerous others.
To make sure this procedure is suitable for a person, it is crucial to talk with a medical professional and discuss the treatment's goal beforehand; only in this way will it be possible to reach the maximum results with minimum risks.
Main benefits of the Botox jaw treatment
Of course, to decide to try jaw Botox, it is important to understand how exactly you can benefit from such a procedure. So, here are the top three reasons people choose this type of injection (you will be surprised how many purposes this one product has):
- Reduce teeth grinding. This issue is also known as bruxism and is pretty common for people with a higher level of anxiety and incorrect occlusion. With the help of botulinum toxin administered to the right spots in the jaw, involuntarily clenching can be stopped, and symptoms like a tight jaw, pain in the neck, and headache caused by constant tension, as well as teeth sensitivity,y can be left in the past;
- TMD reduced symptoms. One of the muscles that help you chew is called the temporomandibular joint (TMJ), which connects the lower jawbone to one's skull. If there are any problems with that, you may be diagnosed with a temporomandibular joint disorder (TMD), which can be the reason for great pain and general discomfort during simple processes like eating, chewing, etc. Correctly performed injection into the masseter muscle makes it possible to relax the area for up to six months;
- Slim facial shape. Botox is injected into the jaw not only for medical purposes but because of certain cosmetic benefits, too. The thing is, masseter muscles can give the face a square jaw and generally asymmetrical shape, which is not quite aesthetically pleasing (in most cases). So, the weakening effect of the product lowers jaw tension and gives it a more V-shaped form, which is much slimmer and more delicate.
To experience all the benefits of this procedure, it is crucial to use high-quality products; that's why we highly recommend buying Botox from reliable suppliers. Check their background carefully, read reviews, and only after that try their botulinum toxins in the clinic. Patients' safety should be the first priority.
Botox for the jawline is an effective procedure for tension reduction in the lower face area, a perfect alternative to endless pills, injections, and unpleasant correction procedures. Thanks to the durability of the treatment up to five-six months, patients may enjoy the results without worrying about sudden complications of jawline nerve problems.
In order to be sure this solution can fulfill all the needs of an individual, it is recommended to consult with a medical professional first, as some people cannot use this product for their treatment. That's it for today's article; hopefully, you've found all the needed information here!