Want to know how to make a DIY face mask without honey? Then this post is for you. We will go over some of the best homemade recipes that do not require honey. These masks are also vegan so they can be enjoyed by everyone!
- Why to Avoid Honey in Your Homemade Facial Mask?
- Homemade Face Masks Without Honey
Why to Avoid Honey in Your Homemade Facial Mask?
As much as honey is an extraordinary component when making a homemade face mask, some people may find it unnecessary. Some valid reasons may cause one to avoid adding honey when making face mask which includes;
- High cost
Natural honey is quite expensive, and not everyone can afford it. So, instead of draining your bank to acquire honey for your facial treatment, you can eliminate it in your ingredients list.
Honey is naturally sticky, and some people may find the stickiness quite uncomfortable, especially when applying it to the face.
- Skin irritation
Honey is not friendly to all people as some people have reported having skin irritation after applying face to their skin. So in such a case, avoid it.
You are not guaranteed to have honey at your disposal whenever you need to make your face mask. In such a case, you need to find the right ingredients to supplement the use of honey in your mask.
Homemade Face Masks Without Honey
Fortunately, we have several options that are honey free and some of them are vegan. Here are the top 7 homemade facial masks without honey.
For the next two recipes we will use oats:
1. Oatmeal face mask without honey
Due to the oatmeal texture, the best ingredients you add to bind it when making a face mask is honey. However, you don't need to get limited even if you don't plan on using honey. Here is another recipe you can follow to prepare your DIY mask without honey.
- 4 tablespoons of oatmeal
- 1 medium egg
- Mix both ingredients until they bind well
- Then apply the mixture to your face and leave it for about 10 to 15 minutes
- Then rinse off the mask using lukewarm water
3. DIY Vegan Oat Mask
The oatmeal with egg mask option may not work for people who are strict vegans. But instead of using eggs, use hot water.
- 2 tablespoons of oatmeal
- 4 tablespoons of hot water
- 1/2 teaspoon of aloe vera gel or lemon juice
- Mix all three ingredients until you form a thick consistency
- Apply it all around the face and around the neck
- Then leave the mixture to settle for about 25 minutes (make sure to apply the mixture while still warm for better results)
- Then rinse your face with lukewarm water
4. DIY Face masks without honey for dry skin
If you have dry and sensitive skin, you can still use a mask to treat it using an avocado.
The avocado is rich in multiple nutrients that penetrate through the skin to nourish, soften and hydrate it. To ensure your dry skin does not feel irritation, use the avocado alone.
- 1/2 piece of ripe avocado
- Cut the avocado into small pieces and add in a mortar
- Then mash it until you form creamy past
- Apply it on your face and leave it for 30 minutes
- Then rinse your face afterward with lukewarm water
5. Turmeric face mask without honey
Turmeric should be added to your beauty ingredients if you want to achieve a rejuvenated and youthful-looking. So, imagine adding it to your face mask! Turmeric is known to help the skin achieve a great glow.
You can use turmeric to prepare two types of masks without honey. Note that one of the two masks is recommendable for vegan people.
DIY Turmeric mask with dairies
- 1/3 banana sliced into small pieces
- 1 tablespoon of organic turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon of natural yogurt
- Mix all three ingredients until you form a thick paste
- Then apply it to your skin, leave for about 20 to 25 minutes
- Rinse thoroughly with lukewarm water.
Note; turmeric is quite staining, so be careful when applying to avoid staining your house or clothes.
6. Turmeric mask without honey and dairies (for vegans)
- 1 cup of non-GMO chickpeas flour
- 3 teaspoons of organic turmeric powder
- Almond oil
- Mix all the ingredients until you form a thick paste (use enough almond oil to bind the ingredients)
- Then apply the mixture to your face, leave it for about 30 minutes to settle
- Rinse your face with lukewarm water
7. Vegan face mask without honey and yogurt
Other great natural ingredients you can use to make a homemade mask without using yogurt or honey are pineapple and pawpaw. So, even for vegans, you are not limited to the kind of natural ingredients you can use to make a natural face mask.
What do you need?
- A piece of papaya and pineapple mask
- Cut both fruits into small pieces and puree using a blender
Then apply the puree on your face, leave for about 20 minutes, rinse and enjoy a healthy-looking face.
There you go! Top natural ingredients you can use to make a homemade natural mask without adding honey to the mixture. Note that our homemade face masks are ideal for ordinary individuals and those allergic to dairies like eggs and yogurt. So, check out these options to find your preferred face mask and enjoy the benefits.