Running out of questions to ask on your third date? This article is all you need!
It is your third date, and you want to know which way this relationship goes. You already know much about him from your last two dates, but you still have a lot to learn about them.
The answers may either make or break the newfound relationship.
What Kind of questions should you ask on a third date?
Choosing which questions to ask is a little tricky. You don't want to sound too boring and don't want to sound like you are asking too many questions.
Asking the right questions is vital in fortifying the bond you built in your previous dates.
Casual questions can be good starters or ice breakers for the conversation, while personal and deep questions may be suitable in the latter half of the date.
If you have been holding back asking serious relationship questions on the first date or second date, your third date is the right time to ask.
List of Questions to ask on the third date
Here are a bunch of interesting questions to ask your special someone on your third date.
Use these questions as a starting point and adjust them to suit your style.
- What's the biggest lesson you learned in your previous relationships?
- On a scale of 1 to 10 (one being the lowest and ten the highest), how would you rate the last two dates we had?
- What was the best part of our previous dates?
- What are you searching for in a relationship right now? Are you searching for a casual or committed relationship?
- How have you been since our last date?
- Where do you think our relationship is heading?
- What surprised you the most about me when we had our first date?
- What are your relationship green flags when it comes to a long-lasting relationship? What do you consider red flags?
- What do I need to know about you that I have not thought to ask?
- What activity or place do you have in mind if we were to go on our fourth date?
- I remember you mentioned (something) on our second date. How was that, by the way?
- How has your work been since our second date?
- What was your impression of me after two dates?
- Have you told anyone else about us dating?
- What's the first thing you did as soon as you got home after our second date?
- After getting to know me on two previous dates, did I meet or exceed your expectations?
- What are you looking forward to the most?
- How would you describe your relationship with your parents?
- Do you consider yourself a religious person?
- Have you ever been cheated on in your previous relationships?
- What are your thoughts about having children in the future?
- Do you think intimacy between partners is key to a functioning relationship?
- Is your account still active on dating apps? Are you also seeing other people?
- Do you imagine what the future would be like if it were the two of us?
- What do you imagine your life will be like in five years?
- Is marriage something you look forward to in the future?
- In your opinion, what's the most significant stumbling point in a relationship?
- Do you think you openly communicate yourself well in a relationship?
- What are your thoughts about starting your own family in the future?
- Are you still friends with your exes?
- Do you agree that telling the truth is important, no matter the circumstance?
- Have you ever lied about telling someone you love her?
- Have you ever been married to someone in the past? If yes, do you mind if I ask about what happened?
- When it comes to raising a child, what would you do differently than how your parents raised you?
- Are you an ambitious person? If yes, what is your greatest life ambition?
- Are you an animal lover? Are you a dog or cat lover?
- If you have pets, do you let your pets sleep with you on the bed?
- Can you tell me about the last fight you had with somebody and what it was about?
- Would you choose to live in or away from the city if you had the choice?
- How do you feel about spending alone time?
- How often do you require your partner to get in touch with you?
- What is your idea of a well-spent weekend?
- If money was not a problem, where would you be in the world right now?
- What was your biggest mistake in life?
- If money was not a problem, what is your dream vacation idea?
- Where do you spend most of your money on?
- What lessons about love and relationships have you learned from your parents?
- Is your parent's relationship your idea of a good relationship?
- Who do you admire the most in life?
- Who is the most significant person in your life?
- Have you ever cheated in a relationship?
- What would you say your love language is?
- Have you ever committed an illegal offense or a crime before?
- If you consider yourself religious, how would you describe your religious beliefs?
- What would be your best friend's description of you?
- Do you have kids?
- What are your thoughts about having pets? Do you like pets?
- Would you rather stay in your current town/ city or travel around the world?
- Do you enjoy traveling from one place to another?
- Do you cook? If yes, what is your favorite home cook meal?
- Do you place huge importance on spending alone time?
- Which celebrity in the world do you follow?
- Have you ever risked your financial situation in the past?
- Would you consider yourself to be good with money?
- What was your age when you first lost your virginity?
- Are you an active Instagram user?
- How would you spend your remaining days on earth if you discovered you had only two weeks left?
- What is the most useful advice your parents ever gave you?
- What are your thoughts about the public display of affection?
- Do you consider yourself to be a family person? If so, how much do you value spending time with your family?
- Do you enjoy reading? Do you have any book recommendations you can share?
- Which news channel do you always find yourself listening to?
- Has someone ever catfished you?
- Has someone ever stood you up on a date?
- What was the most awkward moment you had on a date?
- Have you ever had to walk out of a date?
- Where do you usually purchase your clothes?
- Do you spend your time doing volunteer or charity work?
- Do you donate your money to charity? If yes, which charities are your beneficiaries?
- Let's say you only had a one-way ticket to any place in the world. Where would it be and why?
- Would you ever want to change the way you look?
- Do you think reality TVs are overrated?
- Do you prefer having an early start to your day, or are you someone who likes being lazy in bed?
- Is there something you can't seem to get enough of?
- Which do you prefer more? Coffee or tea?
- Do you drink? If yes, what's your go-to alcoholic drink?
- Would you consider yourself to have a healthy body?
- What time of the year do you enjoy the most?
- What is the most important thing a friendship should have?
- What are you most proud of in life?
- What do you consider to be your proudest accomplishment in school or work?
- Have you ever suffered from anxiety, depression, or other mental health struggles in the past?
- Who do you usually confide your problems to?
- What is your greatest worry in life?
- What do you often think about before you fall asleep?
- Do you consider yourself to be a calm and composed person?
- What does your family usually tell you?
- If you were to give a piece of advice to someone about how to do your job, what would it be?
- Are you content with the life you have right now?
- Would you rather spend an entire day in a spa or spend the night out drinking alcohol?
- Do you consider yourself to be an open book or a private person?
- What are your thoughts about purchasing products that test on animals?
- In your opinion, what is still good in the world?
- Is there something in the world you wish to change? How do you plan to change it?
- If you were to reset your childhood, what would you do differently?
- What do you love most about your job?
- What was the most difficult part of your life, and what did you learn from it?
- What was your biggest blessing in disguise?
- Do you think karma is real?
- What do you think happens to a person after he dies?
- Do you enjoy having deep and meaningful conversations?
- Are you a nature lover?
- Which do you prefer to watch more, the sunrise or the sunset?
- How young were you when you first learned how to drive?
- What is your opinion about giving second chances to a cheater?
- Do you prefer celebrating anniversaries?
- Have you ever dumped someone because she was a bad kisser?
- When did you last have your car cleaned?
- Have you ever been in a car accident?
- Would you consider yourself to be a good driver?
- Do you pamper yourself? How often?
- What are your opinions about our criminal justice system?
- Do you think the death penalty is justifiable?
- Does anyone in your family have a history of trouble with the law?
- What is your idea of a perfect date?
- Who do you think would most likely end up in jail among your family members, and what for?
- Do you dance?
- Have you ever ridden a horse?
- Which would you prefer, having your toes for your hands or your hands for your toes?
- Do you have any bad experiences with drinking?
- Is it fairly easy for you to express how you feel to other people?
- Do you consider yourself to be a spiritual person?
- How many times a year do you get a haircut?
- Have you undergone any plastic surgery?
- What are your thoughts about peanut butter and jelly toast?
- In your own opinion, what is a perfect sandwich?
- What's your favorite pizza flavor?
- What is your favorite non-alcoholic drink?
- Do you consider yourself to be a good keeper of secrets?
- Would you rather be employed or become an employer?
- Do you speak foreign languages? What are they?
- What was your most dangerous experience so far?
- What was the greatest risk you have ever taken in life?
- Did you ever have to bail on someone?
- Would you rather tell your friends an ugly truth or a comforting lie?
- What was your favorite movie as a child?
- Are you a fan of Star Wars?
- Do your parents keep the toys you used to play with during childhood?
- What would you name them if you were to have kids in the future?
- Would you be open to eating exotic foods like insects?
Those are just some of the questions you can ask your date to ensure you don't run out of things to discuss.
If you feel like it is becoming more of an interview than a third date, you can always opt to take matters into your hands and come up with original questions to get to know the other person better truly.
By this time, it's okay to ask the other person what he is looking for in a romantic relationship.
Related: First date questions to ask a guy
It must be made clear for both of you where the blooming relationship stands and whether you mutually wish to continue or put an end to your newfound relationship.
Before asking any questions, see to it that you ask them in a befitting manner, and always weigh if a question is too personal or not.
However, there are also personal questions that you may need to ask so you can truly decide for yourself if you wish to continue in the relationship or not.
Nicole Graham is a relationship expert at Womenio.com. She is helping women grow into their best selves so they can be confident and bring more love, passion, and purpose to their lives. Nicole enjoys studying the psychology of love and is passionate about writing on them. She offers helpful tips and advice to help overcome any relationship issue, whether you’re single or already in a relationship.
Leave a Reply