Fat burning smoothies, for real? Yes! Smoothies are made to be tasty. Of course, there is nothing that says your smoothie can’t also be good for you. There are many different drinks that can be made at home that will actually help you to burn fat. What you put in the smoothie is very important.
Things like yogurt and various other ingredients are natural fat fighters and can help you in eliminating unwanted body fat. For a healthier yogurt alternative check out Substitute for Yogurt in Smoothies.
Now here is our collection of 15 delicious and easy to make fat burning smoothies.
- 1. Apple Pecan Pie Smoothie
- 2. Berry Good Smoothie
- 3. Green Tea and Blueberry Smoothie
- 4. Coconut Smoothie
- 5. Chocolate Fruit Smoothie
- 6. Pomegranate Berry Smoothie
- 7. The Sleep Dr’s Sleep Slim Smoothie (Dr. Oz Recipe)
- 8. Tropical Smoothie
- 9. Mango Smoothie
- 10. Apple Protein Smoothie
- 11. Peach Almond Smoothie
- 12. Strawberry Greek Yogurt Smoothie
- 13. Cucumber Smoothie
- 14. Fruit and Oatmeal Smoothie
- 15. Melon Smoothie
- Are smoothies a good way to lose weight?
- Which fruit burns the most fat?
- When should I drink fat burning smoothies?
- Foods that help you lose weight
- What type of milk should I use?
- Best blender for fat burning smoothies
- What are the best types of fat burning smoothies?
1. Apple Pecan Pie Smoothie
Ok so the first thing that you think of when you see apple pecan pie is certainly not a healthy, fat burning smoothie. This recipe is delicious and dresses up pretty, too. To make it you will need:
• An apple with the skin left on
• ¼ unsalted pecans
• 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
• 3 to 4 ice cubes
• 1 tablespoons vanilla protein powder
• 1 tablespoon coconut butter
• A dash of cinnamon to taste
• A dash of nutmeg
• Just a few drops of stevia liquid or another sweetener to taste
Just blend everything together and enjoy.
2. Berry Good Smoothie
This smoothie is packed with berries and whey protein which will help to burn fat. All you have to do is toss the ingredients in your blender and process for just a few seconds. The recipe makes two servings so enjoy one with someone you love. You will need:
• 2 cups strawberries – You can use fresh but using frozen berries will help to eliminate the need for ice
• 1 cup blueberries
• 1 cup cherries
• 1 cup milk
• 1 ounce whey protein
3. Green Tea and Blueberry Smoothie
Green tea alone has many good fat burning properties and when you pair it with blueberries, you get a double-whammy. For this tasty smoothie you will need:
• 2 green tea bags – you will need to brew the tea in ¾ cup of water and let it cool before making
• 2 cups blueberries
• 12 ounces of fat free yogurt – any flavor will work but vanilla gives is a really good taste
• 3 ice cubes
• 2 tablespoons each of almonds and ground flax seeds
After you steep your green tea, simply place all of your ingredients into a blender and process for a few seconds or until you get the consistency you want.
4. Coconut Smoothie
Coconut milk is a natural fat fighter and this smoothie combines coconut milk and other ingredients to create a yummy fat burning treat. You will need:
• 8 ounces of coconut milk
• 2 eggs
• 1 tablespoon extra virgin coconut oil
• 1 frozen banana
• ¼ cup berries – you can use any berry that you like
• You may also want to add a tablespoon of raw honey if you like your smoothie really sweet
Just add the ingredients together in your blender and process.
5. Chocolate Fruit Smoothie
Yes, we did say chocolate. Dark chocolate is very healthy and the other ingredients in this smoothie make it delicious and very effective at burning fat. You will need:
Just add the ingredients to your blender and process until you get the consistency that you like.
6. Pomegranate Berry Smoothie
You’ve probably heard about how pomegranate is good for you and this smoothie offers a healthy, fat burning snack that is good any time of the day. You will need:
• 1 ½ cups of frozen berries – again you can use any berries that you want or mix them up
• 1 cup pomegranate juice – unsweetened
• 1 pomegranate
• 1 ounce whey protein powder
• 1 tablespoon honey
• You can also add a banana if you are not particularly fond of the taste of pomegranate. The banana taste will overpower the pomegranate
Just process in your blender and enjoy.
7. The Sleep Dr’s Sleep Slim Smoothie (Dr. Oz Recipe)
Dr. Oz himself offers this smoothie recipe that is supposed to help you to burn fat while you are sleeping. You will need:
Just process until smooth and enjoy.
8. Tropical Smoothie
If you just can’t get away to that tropical island, you can still enjoy a smoothie that tastes like it came from there. For the Tropical Smoothie, you will need:
Just process until smooth.
9. Mango Smoothie
Mangos also give you a taste of the tropics and this one offers great fat burning potential as well. You just need:
• 1 cup chopped mango
• 3 or 4 ice cubes
• ½ cup low fat milk
• ¼ cup fat free yogurt
• 1 tablespoon honey
Just put everything together in the blender and process until smooth.
10. Apple Protein Smoothie
This apple smoothie is packed full of protein so it gives you more energy and helps you to burn fat as well. To make it you will need:
Just blend everything together and enjoy.
11. Peach Almond Smoothie
The almond butter in this one is filled with Omega fatty acids and not only does the smoothie give you energy, it helps you to burn fat and it is really inexpensive to make. You will need:
• 2 ½ cups peaches
• 2 cups soy milk – note that you can use regular low fat milk if you want
• 3 tablespoons almond butter
• Cinnamon to taste – about 1 teaspoon should do it
• 7 or 8 ice cubes
• Sliced almonds
Just put everything in the blender and process until you get it to the consistency that you want.
12. Strawberry Greek Yogurt Smoothie
Yogurt is a natural fat fighter so any smoothie that includes this ingredient is going to help you to burn fat. For the strawberry Greek yogurt smoothie you will need:
Just blend the ingredients together and enjoy. You can add vanilla extract or cinnamon if you want to change the taste a bit.
13. Cucumber Smoothie
This yummy cucumber smoothie has the health benefits of cucumbers along with the fat burning qualities of Greek yogurt. To make it you will need:
• 2 small cucumbers – the seedless variety is the best choice
• 6 ounces Greek yogurt
• 2 teaspoons honey or agave nectar – for sweetening
• 3 mint leaves
• Juice from ½ of a lime
• 3 ice cubes
• Just a pinch of black pepper
Just put everything in the blender and process.
14. Fruit and Oatmeal Smoothie
This is a great “start your day off right” smoothie and again, it contains yogurt so it will help you to burn fat. Note that you can use whatever type of fruit you want. You will need:
Just blend and enjoy.
15. Melon Smoothie
This melon smoothie combines yogurt with kale and honeydew melon for a fat burning and delicious smoothie. To make it you need:
• 1 cup kale leaves
• 1 cup baby spinach leaves
• 1 banana – this needs to be frozen
• Cubed honeydew melon – about 12 to 14 cubes should do it
• ½ cup milk
• ½ cup Greek yogurt – plain works best
• 4 or 5 ice cubes
Just place all of the ingredients into your blender and process until smooth.
Are smoothies a good way to lose weight?
Incorporating fat burning smoothies into your diet is a good way to lose weight. Nutrient-dense smoothies can help you feel full longer which discourages snacking. Adding things like chia seeds, pineapple and avocado will pack your smoothie with fiber. Add things like coconut oil, cinnamon, spinach, and blueberries to help burn fat more quickly.
Which fruit burns the most fat?
Of course, most of the best fat burning smoothies have fruit added to them. A few of the best fruits to burn fat are grapefruit, apples, berries, peaches, passion fruit, rhubarb, and melon. You can pick your favorites and add more of them to your smoothie when you make it.
Always be sure you wash your fruits and vegetables well before you add them to your fat burning smoothies. Pesticides and other chemicals that may be on the surface of your produce can clog up your metabolism. This can make it more difficult to lose weight.
When should I drink fat burning smoothies?
Many people start their morning with a healthy smoothie instead of a more fattening breakfast. You can certainly drink this first thing in the morning. Or, you can drink it after you finish your workout. If you do enjoy one of these fat-burning smoothies after a workout, be sure to add a scoop of protein powder to your smoothie. They can help with muscle recovery and energy.
Foods that help you lose weight
Adding a few of these foods to your fat burning smoothies is always a great idea. If you're trying to lose weight, these foods can help you feel full longer. Plus, they give you extra energy to power through your workout routine.
- Raw, unbalanced and unsalted nuts are a great source of good fats and nut butter is an excellent addition to smoothies.
- Celery is very high in fiber. So, your body burns more calories to digest it.
- Green tea contains caffeine which your body can use for energy to burn more fat and calories.
- Eggs are high in protein which means that they boost your metabolism.
- Grapefruit helps your body break down fat while it's absorbed.
- Chili peppers contain capsaicin which helps with abdominal fat loss and helps suppress your appetite.
- Dark chocolate contains polyphenols that encourage your body to burn fat.
What type of milk should I use?
If you're wondering what type of milk to use in fat burning smoothies, you will want to look for something that is low in fat. Adding fat into the smoothie while you are trying to burn fat won't help the process. So, you will notice that many of the smoothie recipes we have shared here use almond milk. You can substitute cashew milk or soy milk if you prefer. But, almond is a delicious, healthy option.
Or, since coconut milk is good for your metabolism, you can always opt for coconut milk. Some research shows that coconut oil may actually burn belly fat. So, adding a tablespoon to your smoothie is an option as well.
Best blender for fat burning smoothies
Using a smoothie blender rather than a traditional blender can help you get a smoother consistency. If you're adding things like beets, celery, and apples, you will want a blender that can really process these ingredients well. A professional blender is always a good choice as well if it's in your budget. And, getting a blender with smoothie cup attachments makes taking these smoothies on the go so much easier.
What are the best types of fat burning smoothies?
It's hard to choose the best fat burning smoothies. A lot will depend on what types of smoothies you like. Berry smoothies are one of our favorites. And, it's easy to find a variety of berries to add to your smoothies. But, here are a few tips to consider when deciding what type of smoothie to make.
- If you enjoy green smoothies for weight loss, be sure to add a handful of kale or baby spinach to your smoothie. One of our favorite combinations is strawberries and spinach.
- When you make a night time smoothie for weight loss, be sure to leave out the green tea. The caffeine may keep you awake.
- Easy weight loss smoothies contain only a few common ingredients like our Berry Good Smoothie Recipe is a good example of a simple smoothie.
Images via tumblr, if you were mistakenly published on tumblr and would love to receive credit just contact us.
PIN THIS TO SAVE FOR LATER