Losing weight is much more difficult for some than it has to be. One of the main reasons that women have difficulties in shedding those pounds is because they simply do not keep their energy levels up. Raising your metabolism
1. Ginger/Pineapple Smoothie
Fresh ginger gives this powerful smoothie great metabolic properties. You can substitute your favorite citrus if you are not partial to pineapple, but if you want your healthy drink to taste like a tropical piña colada, this is what you need:
Simply blend all of these ingredients together and enjoy. Photo credit Abcoaster.
2. Peanut Butter Smoothie
Peanut butter is filled with protein so it gives you energy that lasts for hours each day. Drinking one of these tasty treats will give you enough energy to get through your workday and that rigid workout. You need:
• 1 large banana
• 2 teaspoons of natural peanut butter
• 1 small handful of baby spinach leaves
• 1 small scoop of natural hemp protein – this should be in a powdered form and can be purchased from any natural health food store
• ½ teaspoon of cinnamon – this is optional but gives the drink a wonderful spicy taste
• Just a bit of water – the amount of water will depend on how thick or thin you want the smoothie
Mix all of the ingredients together in a blender and enjoy. Photo credit threemanycooks.
3. Tropical Treat Smoothie
This one has so many yummy tropical fruits that you may just want to enjoy one every day. While it does help to boost your metabolism, it also has Vitamins A and C and zinc so it helps to boost your immune system as well. You need:
½ cup cantaloupe – cubed
½ cup mango – cubed
¼ cup pumpkin seeds –finely chopped
½ cup pineapple – cubed
Enough water to thin – again, this is dependent on how thin or thick you want your drink.
Just blend all of the ingredients together and enjoy.Photo credit Pinterest.
4. Berry Smoothie
This delicious berry smoothie is rich in antioxidants and will help you to detox your liver and boost your metabolism. You need:
• 1/3 cup fresh raspberries
• 1/3 cup fresh blueberries
• 1/3 cup pomegranate
• 1 medium banana
• ¼ beet juice – this is optional and you can use pineapple or a citrus juice instead but the beets offer antioxidants that help to keep your body clean and free from toxins
• Enough water to thin – again, this depends on your preference and how thick or thin you like your smoothie. Photo credit wellnessdharma.
Just blend all of the ingredients together and enjoy.
5. Green Tea
Green tea in general has wonderful metabolic powers. When you add certain other ingredients however, you get a drink that can really boost your energy. For this drink you will need:
Just brew the ingredients together for about 5 minutes and enjoy. Photo credit Pinterest.
6. Apple/Almond Smoothie
This one has enough protein and other vitamins that you can actually drink this instead of eating breakfast and still boost your metabolism and feel great all day. You will need:
Just put all of the ingredients into the blender and blend until you get it as thick or thin as you like. Photo credit tracieinman.
7. Date Smoothie
No, this is not the smoothie that you drink on dates. It has dates and bananas for a delicious taste and a great metabolism boost. You will need:
Just blend the ingredients together and enjoy. Photo credit aidamollenkamp.
8. Apple/Kale Smoothie
This delicious smoothie combines the great taste of apples and ginger along with the nutrients of fresh kale to give you a tasty treat and one that can really help you to feel better and have more energy. You will need:
• 1 medium apple
• 2 small stalks kale – chopped
• Fresh juice from one orange
• 1 teaspoon fresh ginger
• Fresh juice from one lemon
Just blend all of the ingredients together until smooth and enjoy. Photo credit livingtodine.
9. Coconut/Raspberry Smoothie
This coconut raspberry smoothie is great. It has cinnamon which is a natural appetite suppressant and is low in calories and fat. You will need:
• ¾ cup fresh raspberries – note that you can also use ½ cup frozen raspberries if you cannot find them fresh
• 1 can coconut milk – this is a 15 ounce can
• 2 tablespoons maple syrup or light honey
• ¼ teaspoon cinnamon – this is based on preference
• Water – depending on how thin or thick you like your smoothie
Just place all of the ingredients into the blender and blend until you get the consistency that you want. Photo credit deliciouslyorganic.
10. Dr. Oz Green Tea
So, everyone is buzzing about this great green tea recipe that Dr. Oz has provided that is supposed to be completely natural, help boost your metabolism and help you to naturally lose weight. Naturally, we had to finish up our list with this one. You will need:
Just mix the ingredients together and keep in the refrigerator until use. Photo credit Pinterest.
There you have it – 10 great drinks that are not only delicious but will help you to feel better, lose weight and have a higher metabolism.